Please be aware that changes made to the dealer network can adversely affect the wiTECH Network. Examples of these types of network changes include but are not limited to:
- Installation of new equipment/devices (servers, routers, switches)
- New Internet service or network management companies
- Changes to network information, particularly DNS addresses and IP range changes
- When the wiTECH System was installed, an IP address range was allocated to the system for use with the tools and PCs associated with the system.
- If other devices use one of the IP addresses that are allocated to the wiTECH System, it will cause communication problems and could result in the inability to perform diagnostics.
- We strongly recommend that you make changes to your network with the assistance and guidance of a network professional.
- To avoid conflicts or interruptions to your network connectivity, please request that your IT administrator call the wiTECH Help Desk (1-888-wiTECH-1 / 1-888-948-3241) before implemeting changes to your network so they can arrange any required changes in tandem with the wiTECH Premium Support Help Desk.
- wiTECH Help Desk agents can provide network consulting and PC management services that pertain to or directly impact the wiTECH Network.
- Proactively engaging the wiTECH Help Desk will help minimize mistakes that are costly to the dealership and can result in frustration with our network-based diagnostic tools.