After PCM replacement, there are some simple steps to follow using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application to properly connect to the vehicle:
- Open the wiTECH Diagnostic Application, select your device in the Connection Wizard, and click on Next.
- Log into DealerCONNECT.
- In a few moments, a pop-up Vehicle Identification window will appear (see below). Cycle the ignition key and then click on Continue.
- Enter the full 17-digit VIN from the connected vehicle and click on Continue.
- The message shown below will now be displayed, prompting the user: “If this is a replacement PCM, you may also need to flash reprogram the PCM.”
- If the PCM requires a flash to function properly, you must now flash the PCM by navigating to the PCM Flash Tab as shown below.
- After the PCM flash is successful, proceed to run the appropriate Misc. Functions for the connected vehicle (PCM Replaced, Learn ETC, Check PCM Odometer, etc).
- The Misc Function information is in DealerCONNECT under the Service tab > Service Info > 28 - DTC Based Diagnostics > MODULE, Powertrian Control (PCM) > Standard Procedure > PCM/TCM Programming.
Following these steps will help to ensure an efficient PCM replacement process.