The VCI Pod was released with the original wiTECH System in 2008. The VCI Pod does not support all 2016 MY Vehicles. With the introduction of wiTECH 2.0, the microPod II has become the new standard for performing vehicle diagnostics, superseding the VCI Pod at a lower cost.
Starting Q2 2015, there is a change in the VCI Pod RMA Process.
- VCI Pods will now have a standard 1-year warranty from date shipped (physical damage voids warranty).
- If your VCI Pod is out of warranty, it is recommended to:
- Purchase a microPod II as a replacement OR
- Send the device in for repair at the customer’s expense
As of Q2 2015, the process to replace your VCI Pod under the standard warranty will be:
- Contact the wiTECH Premium Support Help Desk for technical troubleshooting.
- If it is determined to be a hardware issue, follow instructions on the “Electronic Service wiPOD (VCI POD) Repair Authorization / Warranty Return Form.” Customer is responsible for shipping charges.The return must be shipped with a valid traceable tracking number.
- The day the Repair Depot receives the returned device, they will ship the replacement by the next business day via UPS Ground.