End user is trying to flash a vehicle and receiving a message: "Select fewer flashes since total size of the select flashes exceeds the available space in the device.
Then in the bottom left hand corner it will show: "256k of 0k is being used" (256 could be a different number depending on how many flashes the Customer is trying to select).
- Verify that the DRB is on the correct version, if it is not; get it to the correct version.
- If the DRB is up to date, stop the USB using the icon present in the right bottom corner of the screen (looks like a card with an arrow over it, left click on the icon and click on the "Stop GPIB-USB-B" and wait for a message that says that it is ok to disconnect the DRB)
- Then disconnect the DRB and re-connect it, the DRB should now say 948k (instead of 0).
- If it does not, close off TechTOOLS and then re-open the Application.
- If this does not work try the following:
- Cold boot the DRB and then power it off. Reboot the TechCONNECT client.
- Once the client is back to the desktop, power the DRB back on.
- Log back into TechTOOLS and it should now show the 948k.
To cold boot the DRBIII complete the following steps:
- Power the DRBIII on.
- Simultaneously press the “MORE” and “YES” keys.
- A screen will appear requesting a “COLD BOOT”.
- Follow the on screen instructions by selecting the 'F4' key.
The DRBIII will now perform its cold boot.