Laptop configuration can be as simple as a scan of available wireless networks and connecting to it. It may also require a manually created profile for a secure, non-broadcasting wireless network.
You will need two things to complete these steps
- wiTECH’s SSID (name of the Wireless Network)
- wiTECH’s wireless password
*Please Note: Password would have been created by whoever was present at the wiTECH install
- Click the Start button in the lower left hand corner and then type – “Network and Sharing Center” into the search bar OR right-click on your Network Icon on the System Tray. Please see the screenshots below:
A OR A
- Press Enter key or click “Network and Sharing Center”.
- If you right-clicked on your Network Icon in the System Tray, click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- On the left hand side, click on “Manage wireless networks” as shown in the screenshot below:
- Click on “Add” and click on “Manually create a network profile” as shown in the screenshot below:
- Enter the Network name (SSID). Please note that “Network name” is case-sensitive.
- Select “WPA Personal” for Security type.
- Select “TKIP” for Encryption type.
- Enter the Security Key (wiTECH Wireless Network Password). Please note that password is case-sensitive.
- Check the box labelled “Start this connection automatically”.
- Check the box labelled “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting”
- Click on “Next”
- Click “Close”
- Click the wireless network icon in the system tray
- Select the network that was just added and then click on “Connect”.
- Your device should connect to the wiTECH Network if the password is correct.
- Left click the wireless icon in the Windows System Tray
- The wiTECH Network does not broadcast so the wireless network will probably show up as “Hidden network”
- Left click “Hidden network” and then click Connect
- You will then enter the name of the wiTECH wireless network (also called the “SSID”)
- Click next
- You will then enter the password for the wiTECH wireless password (also called the network security key)
- Click next
- You will get prompted for network sharing if you connected correctly to the wiTECH wireless network
- It is recommended that you click yes
- Your wireless setup is complete
What if I have forgotten or have the incorrect password?
- If the password is wrong or you have forgotten it, you would want to reach out to the Service Manager and check if they have the correct password. If the password is unknown, wiTECH Help Desk would need approval from the Service Manager to reset the wireless password through email. Due to security reasons and to protect the Dealership’s Network, the wiTECH Help Desk does NOT store the wiTECH Wireless Network Security Key (Wireless Passphrase).
- Please contact the wiTECH Premium Support Help Desk at 1-888-wiTECH-1 for assistance with the password reset.