The J2534 Flash Availability document is intended to provide Aftermarket users with the correct ECU flash reprogramming part number and designated supercedence list without having to purchase a TechAuthority Online subscription.
To use the J2534 Flash Availability document:
- Confirm current ECU software part number or new generic ECU replacement part number.
- Review the J2534 Flash Availability document for the vehicle YME (year, model, and engine) and the ECU
- Review list for updated ECU part number and supercedence.
- This is the list of supported software part numbers that a specific ECU flash will update.
- If the current software part number is not listed, the flash will not update the controller and is not applicable to that particular YME and part.
Steps After Successful Flash Reprogramming:
- Chrysler J2534 Flash Application for 2009 and earlier vehicles does not provide any functionality for Routine/Key programming after a successful flash.
- After successful reprogramming or replacement of any J2534-applicable ECU, the J2534 generic scan tool user must follow associated Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for any additionally required steps.
- TSB information can be found on TechAuthority Online website.
- If a routine must be performed in order to start the vehicle, J2534 users will need to refer to TSB 08-030-06 REV.A for more details.
NOTE: The New J2534 Application supports these functions on only 2010 and newer vehicles.