ISSUE SUMMARY: Unable to view Wiring Diagram or Service Information
- When attempting to view Wiring Diagrams through the Wiring Diagram application or Service Information through TechCONNECT, users may experience a blank screen with no information.
- The Wiring Help Desk provides assistance with application and data issues with the New Wiring Diagram Application covering 2010MY and newer platforms.
- NOTE: The following PC/browser combinations can be used to view wiring diagram:
- Windows 7 Professional: 32-bit/64bit with IE9 using the 32-bit built-in browser
- Windows XP Professional: IE8 with Adobe SVG Viewer plugin version 3.03.
- The DealerCONNECT Help Desk (1-800-374-4040 for US and Canada) provides assistance with viewing issues in the TechCONNECT and Service Information application 2009MY or older platforms.
- NOTE: For up to date DealerCONNECT browsers, please contact the DealerCONNECT Help Desk.
* Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP, troubleshooting support is not provided to Windows XP machines with OS errors.
Follow the correct procedure for your PC's operating system below:
Windows 7 64-bit:
NOTE: This issue is experienced more on the TechCONNECT and Service Information application (2009 MY and previous).
If you are experiencing this issue with the TechCONNECT and Service Information application and this KB does not resolve your issue, please contact the DealerCONNECT Help Desk at 1-800-374-4040 (US and Canada) for further assistance.
User will see the following error: Blank Page with “Red X” icon on the top left hand corner of the page.
- IE 9 has a built-in SVG viewer and does not require the installation of the SVG viewer plug-in.
- This error occurs when running the IE 9 64-bit version.
- SVG images are not rendered correctly on this version; please verify you are using IE 9 32-bit version.
- To reveal what version of IE 9 you are running, open IE and navigate to Help > About Internet Explorer
- You can also confirm that you have launched the IE 9 32-bit by searching for Internet Explorer 9.
- Select Start > in "Search programs and files," search for Internet Explorer > select “Internet Explorer.”
The user may see a blank page with small “Landscape” icon in the top-left corner of the page.
- Confirm browser is Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or higher.
- IE 6 and 7 are not supported by DealerCONNECT
- Confirm Adobe SVG Viewer plug-in version 3.03 is installed
- If Adobe SVG Viewer plug-in is installed, it has become corrupted and will need to be reinstalled.
- SVG Viewer is built into the following browsers: IE 9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
- http://wiring.dcctools.com works on all of the above browsers.