- 2010-2012 Ram 2500/3500/4500/5500 6.7L Cummins
- Negative response 0x71, "Transfer Suspended' received from Transfer Data request
- This failure has only been seen when attempting to flash reprogram a newly installed ECM service replacement part.
- This flash failure is intermittent and does not affect all Cummins-equipped vehicles when flashing a newly installed ECM service replacement part.
- When flash reprogramming this ECU, it is recommended that you DO NOT USE a wireless networking connection.
- The safest networking environment using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application is to connect your PC (running the wiTECH Diagnostic Application) and either the wiPOD VCI or StarMOBILE device directly to the wiTECH Access Gateway using an Ethernet connection
- Battery charge level must be adequate; do not attempt to flash reprogram the ECM without a battery charger installed.
- Disconnect the J1 (black) ECM connector.
Re-attempt ECM flash reprogram using the above suggestions. Multiple attempts may necessary to successfully flash reprogram the ECM.
If the suggestions above do not solve the issue, you may have to send the ECM to Cummins for flash reprogramming. Please contact the Cummins Group at Chrysler Star Center for directions on proceeding.
If you have any known networking issue using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application, please contact the wiTECH Help Desk at 1-888-wiTECH-1 (1-888-948-3241) for assistance.
***For a list of all known flash issues, please visit www.kb.dcctools.com and review the "ECU Reprogramming (Flash)" category.