The wiTECH server status button is changing from yellow to red continuously along with the message “wiTECH Server Not Found”, and/or you are receiving an error that your computer has run low or out of disk space. The image shown below is an example of this issue.
. If you are also receiving an error message that your hard drive is full and/or running low on disk space, please follow the steps below:
1. Two folders need to be deleted to free up hard drive space so you can perform the clean installation of the wiTECH Diagnostic App.
2. Perform the following steps to enable the view of hidden files so that you can delete the appropriate folders:
- Select Start > Control Panel > Folder options > View tab > Advanced Settings > Scroll down to Hidden files and folders > Select the radio button for Show hidden files and folders > Select OK and close the control panel window.
- Then navigate to the appropriate directory below:
a. Windows XP - C:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\ wiTECH\user data\files
b. Vista \ Windows 7 – Local Disk C:\ProgramData\wiTECH\userData\files
3. Delete folders “Logs” & “tcache”, shown below
5. Install software by right-clicking on the installation file and following the installation wizard prompts.
a. Select “Clean” install when prompted. This will reinstall the folders that were deleted.