- This article will teach you how to use wiTECH to successfully perform the necessary steps outlined in a MOPAR Accessory Installation Instructional Guide.
- Restore Vehicle Configuration, Program Network Configuration, and the Validation Process of checking if the configuration information for the item is Set or Not Set can all be done using wiTECH.
Restore Vehicle Configuration
- This FAQ assumes that you have logged into DealerCONNECT, as this procedure requires a valid connection to the DealerCONNECT service.
- From the Vehicle View Topology screen, select the Diagnostic Procedures tab. Select the Restore Vehicle Configuration line, and then click the arrow to the right to run the procedure.
Program Network Configuration
- From the Vehicle View Topology screen, select the Vehicle Preparations tab. Select the line as listed Program Network Configuration, then click the arrow to the right to run the procedure.
- You can also navigate to the TIPMCGW ECU and select the Misc. Functions tab, select the Program Network Configuration line, and then select the arrow to the right to run the procedure.
- Some MOPAR Accessory Installation Instruction Guides instruct the user to perform a Validation Process in order to check the Configuration Information in the TIPMCGW to verify if the added accessory is Set or Not Set. An example we will use is performing a Validation Process on a dealer-installed MOPAR Remote Start.
- In the Vehicle View Topology screen, select Reports in the upper tab menu, and then select Run/View Reports.
- Select the Configuration Report line, and click the arrow to the right to run the report.
- With the Configuration Report in view, scroll down to the TIPMCGW ECU.
- A helpful feature to utilize is to click once on the "Name" header to sort the TIPMCGW table alphabetically (see below).
- Next, scroll down the TIPMCGW ECU table elements (which is sorted alphabetically) to the Remote Start Present line, and perform the Validation Process step of checking if the Remote Start is Set or Not Set (see below).